Losing weight can be difficult especially when you do not have the right items in your kitchen. Your diet is one of the most important aspects of losing weight. What you have in your kitchen can really determine how well you are going to do with your weight loss journey.
Before I share what I think you should have in your kitchen…my advice would be DO NOT buy junk food thinking you can resist. You will not resist, if you are used to eating ice cream or chips at night you will most likely still eat it if its there. When it is your cheat day buy a portion for yourself and thats it. Change your bad habits into healthy ones. YOU can achieve the body you want!
I found this picture online, and it is amazing. I love it!
SO what should you keep in YOUR kitchen?
- Bottled waterI live in New York City and we have very good tap water, but bottled water is better. Check the Ph levels of water, that is very important. Check out this youtube video to learn more about Ph levels.
- Bananas Bananas are great for smoothies, a snack ( I eat them with almond butter), I even add them to my quinoa in the morning.
- Almond butter or any nut butterI love almond butter, I eat Trader Joes raw almond butter. I eat it with bananas or make a grilled AB and J sandwich!
- Quinoa You can eat quinoa for breakfast or with dinner. I eat quinoa instead of rice or potatoes.
- Protein Chicken or turkey. If you are vegan or vegetarian then beans you should have. You can add these proteins to salads or have at dinner with veggies. You could use the beans to make a veggie burger or buy Trader Joes quinoa cowboy veggie burger.
- LettuceLettuce is a must, salads are amazing and so easy to personalize. I use organic romaine lettuce from Trader Joes.
- VeggiesVeggies for dinner are a must. I like broccoli, peas, cauliflower, green beans, and brussel sprouts.
- AvocadosAvocados are a healthy fat and are extremely creamy. Add them to toast for breakfast, to a salad for lunch, or use them as a dressing for dinner. There are many possibilities.
- Oil I like avocado oil, but any oil with a high smoke point is good for cooking. Check out this article to learn more. If you are using the oil for salad then what ever oil you like will be fine.
- FlaxseedFlaxseed is great for weight loss. You can add ground flaxseed to yogurt, or use it as breading. Check out my recipe for Baked flaxseed chicken cutlets.