This year, 2017 has been a life changing year for me. It started off in Charlotte, NC last new years as I went to see the Charlotte Hornets unfortunately lose to the Cleveland Cavilers. In may, I graduated from college with a degree in psychology and am now preparing to apply to law school. I have fell in love… with fitness, changing my entire way of living. Went to chick- fil- a too many times to count😂 and have gone through every emotion with my favorite sports teams. Traveled to Dallas to visit AT&T stadium and try in and out burger…..yummmm🍔🍟. Shared great memories with amazing people, and experienced many emotions…
So what have I learned ?I began 2017, still recovering from my bad break up, but glad that 2016 was about to come to an end. I felt as if I would never be at peace with myself or the situation. A year later, I am at peace… time healed my wounds and it will heal the hurt I feel. Life goes on and if one door closes, many will open in its place.
- Graduating from college, I look back now and remember that naive freshman who did not know what was ahead of her. College was one of the best things that could of happened to me, it taught me about others, as well as meeting some incredible people. I understand the importance of education and I am grateful for the opportunities I have been given. College taught me that anything is possible, that there are so many unique and different people, that our communities are important and that we are the next generation….who can do anything we set our minds too.
- I learned the importance of working out and eating clean. This lesson taught me that my body is extremely valuable and that even when I did not think I could run that extra five minutes or climb one more flight of stairs… that I could.
- I decided back in late June that I was no longer going to pursue my goals of becoming a therapist, and that I wanted to go into a field where I have found my passion, which is law. I learned that everything happens for a reason, and that to trust your instincts because I could of been unhappy if I was not true to myself.
- I learned how to be alone. I know this might sound cliche, but being single, and not dating, taught me how to be comfortable with myself. I had to face and am continue to face my flaws, as I learn how to love myself.
- One of the most valuable lessons I learned was how to forgive those who had hurt me.
- The second greatest lesson learned was to have empathy for other, when I was diagnosed with rosacea and acne, I was angry, but it taught to be more empathic for people who are suffering from medical problems. Please be kind to others, you never know what they are going through.
I am certain this next year of my life will be full of blessings & I hope it is for you too! 🖤